Day 8
Three things you want to say to certain people.
Wow...I'm starting to think I'm going to have a hard time with this challenge. Some of these are tough mainly b/c if I want to say something I normally will and if I want to vent and not have certain people know that I'm briefly frustrated...well a public forum blog isn't where I'm going to do it. But...let's see.
1. This isn't to any certain person, but more people in general. I wish I could explain to people that it's really okay that I'm not married yet. Around here if you are 24 and not married people automatically think you are destined to be an 'old maid'. Well let me tell you something folks, not true. If you go to many other places...such as a city...well it's okay to be single. I don't mind my single life. I refuse to settle for someone that is mediocre just to 'be married' or 'in a relationship'. I'm always open to relationships, and I don't mind the occasional 'set up', but please people the world is not ending because I'm single.
2. I want my family to know that I love them. They have been so supportive with my decisions to move south and to move back. They are accommodating my 'limbo-ness' and understand my frustrations. Without their support I don't know if I could be doing this. I would probably be down south still and not getting to know my nieces.
3. I would like to thank the 1st grade team at my school for being welcoming at our training on Friday. Since starting this job my school has been a bit less than welcoming in general. It's not me, I understand that. It's that my class used to be a 'county' class which means they were outsiders by default. They had their own rules, their own systems. We are no longer 'county' run and are part of the school district. This seems to be a hard adjustment for many people. We (another new teacher and class and me and mine) are left out of the loop in general. In many aspects we've been left to 'fend for ourselves'. We are reinventing the wheel constantly because we haven't been given certain items. Seeing as we are new and don't know that we are missing these items we can't and don't know to ask for them. At a training on Friday I was sitting with the 1st grade team and while talking about assessments, I casually asked where they got them from. They looked at me like I was crazy. "They were given to you", I was told. Uhm...no they weren't. They were SHOCKED. Thankfully they stepped up immediately and offered to make copies of everything they were given regarding these items. They also said that from now on if they are in a meeting and I'm not there (common due to special ed stuff) they will just grab me an additional copy. Thank You!
No comments:
Post a Comment