Day 2
10 Likes & Dislikes
Hmmm...I wonder if that means 10 of each or 10 total...I'm going to assume 10 of each.
LIKES
1. Baby smiles and baby giggles. I love seeing my new nieces start to smile and giggle with purpose!
2. Being close to my family. Although it's been an adjustment it's nice to have people to call if I just want to go to Target. Definitely more fun and probably keeps me from buying as much stuff!!
3. Sunshine. I love the sun. I love to feel the sun and warmth 'to my bones'. I haven't seen much sun this year so when I do I literally stand there with my eyes shut and just lift my face right to the sun. Ahhhh....
4. Good days at work. This year is quite different than the past 6 years. I'm enjoying it but there have been some rough days. I love the days that things just all go right.
5. Doggie snuggles. I love the mornings that I can wake up and then just snuggle on the couch with the dogs.
6. Reading. I love to read. I love books, my kindle, and my audiobooks. I often have a different book going on all three at any given time.
7. The beach. I love the beach any time of the year. Summer of course is nice but tends to be more crowded and at times annoying. I love the beach on winter mornings, bundled up with Uggs, a sweatshirt, and blankets. Just listening to the water. With no one else around. Pure bliss!
8. When the scale goes down! Why is it so hard to make that number decrease?!?! But man oh man...I love to see it go down...even if it's just a 10th of a lb!
9. Friends. I ADORE my friends even if I don't see them as often as I want or should. I missed a lot of my friends in Salinas/Northern California while I was down south and now I miss my Carlsbad/San Diego friends while up north. I know I can't be near all of them but I love them all and love making plans to see them!
10. Facials/Massages. I've liked massages for years and years now but just had my first facial about 2 years ago. I'm hooked. Seriously, something massaging your face, head, neck and normally hands for an hour...WOW!
DISLIKES
10. Chicken. Poultry. Yuck! I really wish I bring myself to eat chicken and/or turkey more. It just really grosses me out. I have 1 chicken meal I make that I can handle eating and 1 type of turkey for sandwiches which I can occasionally manage. I often think chicken meals smell delicious but when it comes to taking a bite I just can't past the first taste.
9. Not having my condo sold. My condo has been for sale in Carlsbad since mid-June and still is sitting there. It's driving me crazy. I want it to sell. I want to start the real house hunt up here. This limbo thing is driving me crazy!
8. Spiders. Don't be fooled by a post a few months ago of me holding a tarantula. I was terrified. Sweaty palms, forgetting to breath etc. I held her twice and the second time was better but that doesn't make me any braver when I see a little black spider scurry across a room!
7. When my car is dirty. Since I bought my new car about 18 months ago (wow...I can't believe it's been that long!) it was always parked in my garage. Until I started to pack my house up. Now it sits outside. Under a tree. With fog. Do you know what that does to it!? It always looks all grimey and gross. UGH! I finally gave in the other day and took it through a gas station car wash for the first time...I won't be doing that again. Ew. It didn't even really help and I'm terrified of what it may have done to the paint.
6. Mucky overcast days. I love the sun. I don't even really mind a good rain. But I can't stand the days that it's 'almost rainy' but never actually rains. So annoying. Come on weather...either let the sun shine or the clouds cry...but don't just be pouty! I don't like pouters!!
5. Misbehaved children. I work hard at having my class of students with special needs behave. I insist that they line up properly and walk silently through the hallways (per the school rules). It is so frustrating that some general ed teachers don't hold their classes (of typical kids!) to the same expectations. My students have Autism, Learning Disabilities, Language Impairments, and are Hard of Hearing. If they can walk in a line, quietly...then the other kids can to.
4. Entitlement. Wow...this is a big one. I can't stand when people feel entitled to particular things. I see this all the time. No people, you do not DESERVE this or that just because someone else has it, or because you want it. If you WANT something then simply ask for it or get it, but don't go the entitled route. We all deserve good things so get over thinking you are better than others!
3. The sad stories I hear about kids. Sad stories are everywhere, down south and up here. It's heartbreaking what some of these kids are going through on a daily basis. I remind myself of this daily especially if certain kids are having a 'rough' day at school. I have no idea what else has gone on. One overheard conversation from a 6 year old boy, "mommy said we had to sleep in the car last night because we didn't have anyplace to stay", "we got dressed at the storage". Really.
2. When people use the term/acronym FML. Kind of follows along with #3. I'm sorry folks...most of the time I see this used I want to drop kick you. Really. You're really saying FML because you lost your phone, you stubbed your toe, you overslept. Really? When you have a real F-ing problem then by all means FML away but it better be something serious. I know too many kids, families etc that have every reason to actually use the term but NO they are grateful for the things that they have and are able to do. Have some perspective and respect for those with REAL problems.
1. Headaches and sunburns. I'm the first to admit I'm a big ole baby when it comes to having a headache. I feel for all of you that get migraines! I don't know how you do it. If I get the tiniest little throb I get grumpy and immediately want medicine and my bed or couch! Same goes for sunburns...I'm a sun-o-holic but will typically only burn the first 1-2 times I'm in the sun...if that. But if and when I do get a sunburn I hate it! I hate sleeping, taking a shower, wearing clothes. It hurts! But of course the next day the sun is out and I'm dying to go out again!
No comments:
Post a Comment