Thursday, September 22, 2011

Details...

Day 3
Describe your day in great detail

Sorry this may be a bit boring.  My day was far from exciting although a very typical day in general. 

6:05 Alarm starts going off
6:05-6:45  Pressed snooze about a billion times 
6:47  Actually get out of bed :-)
6:47-7:20 Got dressed (black capris and a pink shirt), did my make up
7:25 Made breakfast of a whole grain sandwich thin with reduced fat peanut butter
7:30 Drove to work while eating breakfast 
7:40-8:05  Prepped my classroom for the day: put chairs on the floor, got out morning work, found out one of my IA's was going to be out, 
8:05-8:15 Checked my 'box' for mail/notices, talked to other staff and walked to the busses
8:15-8:25  Got students off the bus
8:25-8:35  Took students to eat breakfast--rushed them a ton because they needed to be out of the cafeteria for other classes to come in
8:40-8:50  I took attendance while students did their 'morning work'
8:50-9:05  Calendar time
9:10-9:50  Music with Mr. Rossi.  I love our music time.  The kids sing fun songs which of course then get stuck in my head all day
9:55-10:05  We finished up calendar time...Thursday's are always really rushed, it's crazy!
10:05-10:25 My kiddos went to recess and I got to start getting my personal computer, which I had at school to install a work program that isn't Mac friendly on, set up and ready to call the support line at lunch.  
10:25-11:30  Ate my snack of a Newton Fruit Crisp while my students ate their snacks. Then started our language arts groups.  The last 15 minutes were free choice which of course is the kiddo's favorite time of the day
11:30-11:45  Got the kids ready for lunch
11:45-12:30  My lunch break...which involved being on the phone with an assessment company to try to get the scoring assistant to load.  I did manage to eat, while talking, a WW frozen lunch and some crackers.
12:30-1:15  I had a meeting with my principal to plan for my year.  Set up goals for evaluation and got some information that will be useful throughout the year...like found out where the supply room is!  
1:15-1:30  Danced with my kiddos!  We did the listen and move dance and the freeze dance.
1:30-1:40 Loaded kiddos up to go home!  
1:40-2:20  It's parent teacher conference time!  I had 2 conferences today.  Both went great and the families seem super happy with the program, class, and progress.  Whew!
2:20-3:00  Called a couple other parents to discuss behaviors etc.  
3:00-6:00 I worked on my classroom and organized!!  I have a pretty small classroom and I had about 13 hours total to unpack all my boxes, get organized and be ready for the first day of school...so needless to say things are far from perfect and not really how I like to have things organized or arranged.  I felt like I finally had some time today to just get stuff done.  So nice!  I still totally need to do TONS more but like I tell parents...in my class we celebrate all progress no matter how big or small!  Progress is progress.
6:00-6:20  Went to CVS to buy eyeliner.  Mine broke and I almost didn't have any today...thankfully I remembered to buy more!!
6:30-8:00  Wrote up my reports for my next 2 conferences on Monday.  And attempted to load another program on my work computer which somewhat loaded but isn't working correctly.  
8:00-9:00 Ate dinner consisting of orzo salad and popcorn and talked to my mom
9:00-10:00  Created an excel chart for my sister...while watching Teen Mom and Jersey Shore
10:00-11:00 Wrote this boring blog!  :-)   
11:00-12:00 Read in bed

Now that you are completely bored to death you can easily fall asleep too!  I wish I had a more exciting day!  Sorry!


No comments: