Today is Day 1 of my 'blog challenge'...today's topic: Me!
"Write some basic things about yourself"
Okay....BASIC!!
I'll start as basic as I can think of...
I have brown hair and eyes although I think the hair is getting more and more 'non-brown' hairs daily! Getting older sucks but at least my hairdressers always know how to cover and camouflage the silly 'non-brown' hairs!
I grew up in Salinas and am back here again now. I never planned on coming back here...ever...but after college in Chico I ended up back here for 5 years and then moved to Carlsbad for 5 years...and...lo and behold here I am again.
I the middle child. My older sister lives in Half Moon Bay and my younger sister lives here in town. Both sisters have 2 kiddos now. I have 2 dogs. :-)
Again...I have 2 dogs...they are my babies. Katy is a 4.5 lb yorkie. She getting older now which is hard to believe...but yup...she's now 8 years old. WOW! Hurley is a 16 lb biewer yorkie. He's about 2.5 years old. He is hilarious...minus the the fact that he's OCD about wanting to lick your hands (I'm working on it!!!) but he really just wants to be a good dog. The two get along great for the most part!
I've been teaching Special Education for 10 years...this is my 11th! I can't believe it's been that long! I get told all the time how great it is and how I must have SO much patience etc etc...but can I please tell you that I think general education teachers have it WAY worse?!?! There is NO way I could EVER teach general ed! None! Zilch! I just couldn't do it!!
It's fun being back and teaching in Salinas...where I went to school...I don't get to teach at the school I went to but it's fun in general. I'm now going back to school, kind of, again to learn spanish. I was hired here at a 'bilingual teacher in training'...uhm...bilingual?!?! I guess they hire everyone with that term but it means I'm supposed to learn some spanish. The class I'm taking is actually pretty fun...I don't know how much I'm getting out of it but at least it's not torture!
I guess that's it for now...if you happen to read this and want to ask any 'basic' questions I'll do my best to answer for you! :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment