Sunday, February 27, 2011

54, 55, 56 57, 58....Wow

Sorry I haven't been updating daily...I was out of town and time just gets away from me.  I'm back on track and did take my pictures daily!

54

 I spent Wednesday afternoon going to lunch in Carmel Valley with my parents and grandparents.  Cafe Rustica is an adorable little restaurant with great food!
55
Thursday I recruited my friend and his son to go with me to Monterey to drop off a resume...with the bribe of taking his son to a park along on the outing.  We stopped at Dennis the Mennis Park in Monterey.  This park was amazing growing up...so big and so much to do.  Sadly as an adult it's not nearly as cool...and some of the 'dangerous' items have been replaced/removed.  It's still a pretty fun park with lots for kids to explore.  


56
Friday I drove back to Carlsbad from Salinas.  It was a crazy stormy day which make most of they typically boring drive quite beautiful. 

 This picture is of the storm on the left hand side and the clear blue on the right hand side.  It was crazy seeing an the changes in the sky.


 The storm I'm driving into...


 A dark sky with beautiful blooming trees


 The sky in front of me....

 The sky out the passenger window...what a difference!


 The hundreds of oil wells along Hwy 46


 The sky was just amazing...I had to keep taking pictures...don't worry only when there wasn't much traffic!



The rain spots on my sun roof while sitting in traffic.  


57

 I started my day with a fabulous breakfast with Trevor at The Corner Bakery.  This place just recently opened about a mile (if that!) from my house...so so so so good!!! After breakfast, the next 14 hours consisted of making baby shower invitations...

This is what I started with....rolled up pattern paper...lots of card stock, stickies, embossing tools, stamps, paper cutters....etc etc

 Step 1-cut the patterns into strips...cut some stock into squares...


 Close up of the pattern


 The boring cards...they need some pizazz!


 A patterned belt helps....


 As do baby footprints...embossed onto the previously cut squares...and put on with raised foam

They I just had to do the inside, make labels, etc....and yes...I'm back at it again today!

58

Today's picture should have been of the MDA Muscle Walk.  Each year I participate in the Muscle Walk in honor of Caleb Gold.   Today was the walk and once again, even though it rained and hailed yesterday, the walk around Crown Point in Mission Bay was absolutely gorgeous!  Not a cloud in site...unfortunately my camera was with my invitations...so not a single picture!  I'm back working on invites...and it's easy to see that  my dogs take after me and enjoy a good sunbathing!  





No comments: