48
Today was Science Day at school. My classroom was used for the 'Bug Lady'...which meant that it had creepy crawlies in all day! As some of you may know...I'm terrified of spiders. I once slept on the couch for 2 weeks because there was a spider in my room that 'fell' and we couldn't find it...therefore my room was not deemed safe for me to be in. I literally 'ran' past the door and slept on the couch until a spider that 'looked' like the one in my room was killed. Was it the same spider...who knows...but I was able to believe it and get back to my bed! But...I digress...my classroom...lots of bugs...including hissing cockroaches, scorpians, black widows, tarantulas, etc etc....but...I dealt. I even faced a fear...and held this 'little' (haha) guy!
This is Mr. Wiggins holding Bella Stella the Chaco Yellow Striped Tarantula
And...here I am doing the same! Dr. Sue (the Bug Lady) did have to remind me to breathe...and my palms were super sweaty after...but I did it! (I obviously didn't take this picture but I figure it can count!!)
Dr. Sue showing us her fangs! Luckily after I held her!
Even after seeing the fangs...I went for it again. This time I was able to breathe on my own and my palms were fine!
This is Crab-B (she also has Crab-A etc...haha...get it??) He's a pretty darn big Hermit Crab...she's known him to be alive at least 15 years!
Crabby (Crab-B) cruising around...he liked to come over to my pants...I wasn't really pumped about that!
3 comments:
I say that if your fear of spiders is so great that you slept in another room for 2 weeks, that's pretty significant and I'm totally surprised you held the tarantula! Way to go! I have a pretty solid fear of spiders and I know that tarantulas are supposed to be safe, but they are just way too creepy looking.
There is a "Bug Fest" held here each Sept and I may have to go next year. Their big thing is the "Insect Cafe" where, you guessed it, many of the dishes have bugs in them.
Oh Alicia. I just gagged a little. Spiders make me gag because I'm so ascared of them. I had to scroll past the spider pictures. I can't believe you touched and held it!!!!!
I am soooo jealous, holding a tarantula is on my Bucket List! Looks like creepy fun!
Post a Comment