Sunday, January 30, 2011

Day 28, 29, 30--catching up!

Sorry...I did not forget but simply haven't had a chance to update.  I did take my pictures a day though!

Day 28
 This day started the weekend 'randomness'.  I worked, and then had to go to the dentist for my temporary crown and was planning on coming home and relaxing the rest of the night.  Not quite how it went down!  I came home, ate some dinner, and started lounging...then my phone beeped.  I had a text message from a guy I met on my birthday pub crawl.  I hadn't hung out with him, and had only text messaged a few times and talked once.  
This was our 'text' conversation: 

E: Tainted Love is playing the house of blues tonight. (6:24)
Me: So fun!!
E: Let's see if they still have tix.  Let's go.
Me: Really?
E: Why not?
Me: Dress 80's?  I bet they are sold out but yeah...let's check!!!
E: If you're in, I'll call right now
Me: I'm in...
E: calling...
(at this point he calls and tells me that there are tickets available at the box office and he's going to drive down and get some)
E: put you're dancing shoes on (7:22)
Me: About to head down...(8:08)

So within that amount of time I went from sitting at home nursing my sore mouth to going to an 80's show at the House of  Blues with a guy I've never hung out with before!




Day 29

While out on day 28, the guy I went to the show with invited me to go to Santa Ana with him the next day (day 29) to party at his friends house.  Now, the significance of me being invited was because I went Chico, he went to Chico...and all the people at the party went to Chico (I just didn't know any of them!).  So...our Friday night hang out continued...and on to Saturday...and off to Santa Ana.  It turns out that the purpose of this party was that one of the guys was in town from Texas and this whole group of guys have a little 'caps' compitition...so the premise of the party was a Caps Tournament.  These guys DO NOT joke around...it was a very serious event :-) This is E really really trying to win the round. 


Day 30

Sunday...E and I finished hanging out...yes, since starting on Friday night and I finally got around to my 'relaxing' weekend.  I felt like I ate, and drank, like CRAP all weekend so dinner was this! YUM!!!

1 comment:

Patty said...

I LOVE tainted love. used to see them all the time in sacramento.