Sunday, January 23, 2011

Day 23--Sea of people--Carlsbad 1/2 Marathon

 The first runners coming through...crazy crazy fast!  I was standing at about mile 1.5/11.5, it as a there and back course.


 The second set of runners...still crazy fast!


 The masses about to start


 Here comes wave 1


 The beginning of the Sea of People









 Pac-Man...this guy wore this the WHOLE race...and made the noises too...At least he was having fun!!!


 There's Maria!  There were so many people and the sun was directly in my eyes that I would have missed her if she hadn't seen and yelled to me!  She's in all the blue with the white hat on!  Go Maria go!


 If you look closely...in front of the girl with the long ponytail...there is a guy in a Big Sur tech shirt...that's Charlie!  He filled in for me seeing as I'm still way too sick (and wasn't feeling this race anyway!)  It was his first 1/2 Marathon...and he didn't even train...just agreed to do it a few days ago!  Go Charlie go!


 There goes Brook...again he had to call to me so I saw him!  Go Brook go!


 Crazy people on their way back already...I was still on the other side of the street cheering for the people leaving!  Seriously how are these peeps so fast?!?!


 Pac Man on his way back...mile 11.5 



 Brook at mile 11.5...looking nice and happy still!  1/2 marathon #2 almost done!


 Maria and Charlie at mile 11.5...still looking good!  1/2 marathon #1 (Charlie) and #8 (Maria) almost done! (Kinda random...but Maria and I did our first ever 1/2 together back in 2005...and haven't done any together since...but if I had done this one, as planned, it would have been both our our 8th ones!)


Off they go!

No comments: