Saturday, January 1, 2011

Day 1 January 1, 2011

Welcome to Day 1 of my self challenge.  I want to take a picture a day.  I know that a lot will be of my adorable dogs, but in an attempt to not use them all the time I will end up with random pictures...but really, isn't that the point?  

Today's picture is of what I got to wake up to this wonderful New Year's day.  


In the early hours of this morning, while in the middle of a nice buzzed slumber...this fire alarm starts SCREAMING!!  In my very confused state...due to being fast asleep and having quite a few beverages...I had NO idea what the heck was making the noise.  I slammed my alarm clock a few times...even unplugged the clock and the darn siren just kept going.  Needless to say I figured out that it was the fire alarm.  No fire...just the alarm.  So...I rolled my 'ergomatic' computer chair (on wheels, no back etc) to the hallway...that is at the top of the stairs...and climbed up on the chair and literally yanked it until it finally turned off!  Now...when I woke up I realized that I was lucky that my half asleep self didn't fall down the stairs...but really it was just SO loud!  I still don't know why it went off?  There was no smoke...we didn't even have the fire we had planned...no candles...but I think sometimes fire alarms go off when the battery dies?  (John??  Is that right??)  I think they normally have 'warning' beeps, but I've been out of town for a a week and half so maybe it did have the warning beeps?  Trevor house sat for me and didn't mention it but then again he barely heard the alarm going of this morning! Either way...for whatever reason the darn thing chose to go crazy in the middle of the night!

Happy New Year and hopefully you weren't woken up at 4ish to a loud alarm!  
Day 1...photo a day...done!

3 comments:

Kaysie said...

LOL! I love how you said "nice buzzed slumber." Haha! Thank goodness you didn't hurt yourself on the rolly chair!

Anonymous said...

You kill me kid. Ordinarily the battery may have been to blame, but looking at your pic it looks like the alarm is patched into the electrical so it would have power, unless the power was out and then it goes to the battery. Could have been dust, or spider or some other bug. Happy New Year. Glad to hear you celebrated Robby's birthday.

Alicia said...

@John...great so now I need to freak myself out that a spider possibly fell on my head during all of this...thanks!