Sunday, August 15, 2010

I'm not even going to bother saying, "I lag"

Okay...there is so much to say since my last post. I'll do separate posts though so you don't have to read a novel! Read at your own pace...please.

RACES

I last left you with the 'cliffhanger' of what my SD Rock N Roll 1/2 Marathon time would be...I know I know, you've all been anxiously awaiting this information. My goal was 3 hours exactly...and I disappointed myself and finished in 3:03! F-ing 3 minutes!! The one nice this is that I did manage to shave 3 minutes off my OC 1/2 Marathon time. So...good and bad on that front.


Here's me with my finishers medal after lagging by 3 minutes!


The next race I did was called San Diego City Chase (CC). I got to do this with multiple friends and loved it! My friend John talked on his blog about doing this type of race as part of his bucket list. I always thought this type of race looked fun as well and when I heard he was doing this race, I started recruiting for my own partner. So...City Chase is a scavenger hunt sort of race. I teamed up with my friend Brook and then had a co-team of my friends Amy and Crystal. We also managed to meet up with John and his friend Cartman for parts of the race. This race was hilarious, fun, and while some people take it seriously we did not.

How CC works is that you are first given a list of tasks to do before you are even given your list of clues. The tasks included silly things like: turn your clothes backwards, sing the chorus of Bad Romance, find a live animal-not a human, have a 2" stain on your clothes, etc. As you can tell these were fairly easy...okay okay...singing Bad Romance was tough...I can sing GREAT along with the radio (not in tune, but know all the words), but make me do it solo and I'm a freaking disaster!

Next...we were given a page of clue locations...each location (chase point) has a task for us to complete. Some of the locations/chase points we found were lame-ish...but silly still...and some were awesome!

Example of an awesome Chase Point-learning to Pole Dance in a gay bar! Classic!


Toward the end of the day we were quickly running out of time, and all felt it was important for John to finish the race...we knew we wouldn't complete the required 10 points so we all just tried to help John and Cartman. Their last point was disgusting. When I say disgusting...I don't mean a girly 'eewww...gross'...but a true absolutely disgusting task. They had to transfer dead fish, with their mouths, from one bucket to another about 20 feet away. Mind you...these are the SAME dead fish that have been out there in the hot sun all day...and have been transferred by an unknown number of people. By the time they go there the guts were hanging out and the fish were literally rotting. But...they prevailed...or John prevailed...Cartman dry heaved the whole time. I wish I could post a pic but all mine are videos and they just take too long...go check out my youtube and you'll find them!!

As for completed races, that's it for now. I'm signed up for 3 more....

The Long Beach International 1/2...I'm signed up as a walker, but am seriously considering switching to the biking event and doing the 26.2...on my bike.

The Silver Strand 1/2...this one is going to be awesome! We are doing the 'skate' event! Yup...13.1 miles on roller blades/skates...and...just to make it even more awesome...we are dressing 80's! As of now I think we have about 15 people...if YOU are interested let me know and we'll get you signed up!!

The Carlsbad 1/2...this is a walker. It is also #1 of the Triple Crown...which I hope to do. I need to get under 3 hours for it to count...well...I need to complete in the alloted time for all 3 races of Triple Crown (Carlsbad, La Jolla, America's Finest)...Carlsbad actually gives like 4.5 hours (no problem!), but the other 2 are 3:00 time limits...and La Jolla is BRUTAL! So...we'll see! My goal is Triple Crown...and if I don't make it this year...then maybe next.

No comments: