Saturday, June 5, 2010

Race day again...

So once again I've totally lagged!

I've been pretty busy with end of the school year stuff and training...for real training for the San Diego Rock N Roll Half Marathon. Seeing as I only 'trained' for a week for the OC 1/2 I figured it would be in my best interest to actually be ready for this one. I've managed to walk a lot of short distances (1-4 miles) during the week and have gradually increased my weekend walks by 2 miles every weekend. Last weekend was 10 miles and it felt GREAT. My foot didn't hurt, so whatever plagued me after the last race should be fine this time around. My IT band has been fine, although I haven't really tried running much, and my knee is actually feeling pretty good.

Today was the Expo for the race and I have to say it was the best one I've been too...not only did they have a lot of SDRR gear they had a good showing of other vendors and lots of freebies! I love tasting the goodies and buying the sodium gels at cheaper prices at the expos!

As for other things going on with me...thankfully I only have 9 days left of work...and I'm taking one of those off (Tuesday!!) to go to La Costa and get a massage and just veg by the pool. I deserve it damnit! :-)

I also joined Weight Watchers a couple of weeks ago and am LOVING it! I thought I was eating pretty healthy and am fairly active but I just wasn't losing the lbs that I wanted. I was constantly disappointed when I'd get on the scale...it just wouldn't budge! So...I got sick of it and was tired of being such a fatty...so I looked into the different options (Jenny Craig, Nutri Systems, WW, etc) and chose WW. I like that I get to eat normal food and felt that it would teach me more while the others 'coddle' you but then as soon as you lose the weight you are back on real food...and guess what? The weight comes back. So...I opted with WW and luckily have a friend/co-worker that joined with me. It's made it SO much easier. I also do my training walks with her so it's been great. As of my last 'meeting' I was down 5.6 lbs, and since then my scale shows a little more. I'm really paying attention to my scale seeing as it is the one that I always use...but of course the WW scale is the one they count. My goal is to get to 125...then I'll decide from there if I need/want to lose more. WW won't let me go below 113...but I don't see that as being a problem! I'll keep ya'll posted on my progress!! And if anyone is hesitating about joining WW...I'm telling you it works! And it's EASY! Let's put it this way...I get 20 points a day, 35 extra per week, and any extra points I earn from exercise ...I rarely eat my 20 per day...have never used any exercise points, and the couple of times I've gone into my extra points it's only been by 1/2-1 point. And...I'm eating! I did learn that if I don't eat at least 18 points I don't lose the weight...so I typically end up making myself eat more (hello dessert!!) at night to use them! When I started I was FREAKING out over only having 20 points...but it's really fine! If you are interested in it I can chat with you more.

Okay...it's almost 8 pm and I need to get to bed soon! haha...yeah...we'll see how that goes! I have to say...I am very lucky to have good friends! I was going to have to get up at like 3:30 to drive to Qualcom Stadium, to take the shuttle that runs from 3:30-5:00 to the start line, to then wait until forever to actually start the race, and then have to shuttle and trolley back to Qualcom after the race to my car....but...Nancy (the friend/coworker I'm doing WW with) offered to pick me up at 5am and drive and drop me off at the start line...she's then going to go hang out somewhere and go on her own walk, and then pick me up at the finish after the race. And yeah...she's not even participating in the race...she just didn't want me to get up at 3:30!! Awesome! I owe her BIG time!!!

Wish me luck tomorrow...my goal is 3 hours...which is cutting 6 minutes off my time from 4-5 weeks ago. I'll let you know how that goes!

No comments: