For my vacation this summer I spent some time in Salinas, Lake Almanor, Chico, Half Moon Bay, and back to Salinas. I ended up heading to Salinas about 4 days early because my nephew made the Half Moon Bay (HMB) All-Stars baseball team. I'm so far away that I've never even seen him play. I decided that I could drive up early and make the first two All-Star games. It was great to see him play, even though they lost both games of the double elimination. Those first few days in Salinas were pretty mellow, I spent a few days at the pool and basically just seeing family. Our whole family went to Lake Almanor, a day early again due to an All-Stars game. (Just didn't seem to make sense to drive from Belmont back to Salinas just to drive north again the next day). We had quite the caravan of 4 cars from Belmont to the Lake.
We had a great time at the lake! It was beautiful weather, and while the water could have been a little warmer it was perfectly fine to jump into without freezing. We all spent a lot of time on the boat and Jared even got up and stayed up wake-boarding (on an adult board!!!). Way to go little man!
I accomplished actually getting over the wake this time around, which for me was a major thing. I've been able to get up no problem for the most part, but I just stay right in the middle...and couldn't move the board where I wanted. I finally decided to give it a try and managed to get out of the wake, and even back inside...kinda!
Michelle and me on the boat trying to get a little sun
Me hanging out on the boat
Jared getting ready to wake-board for the first time
.jpg)
Look at him go!
What girls do on a boat
I think I'm running out of room...more to come
No comments:
Post a Comment