Dinner was at Hulas...I had to do Chico right for Kendall and introduce her to all the yummy-ness that is there!
She liked it...and she loved that so much came 'free' with it! LOL! Hula's is a Chinese BBQ place and with your dinner you get soup, won ton chips, your regular food, and a drink...to Kendall this was a GREAT deal!
After filling up on our wonderful dinner we went back to lounge at our hotel! Hotel Diamond is new since I left Chico and it's known as being the 'posh' place. It's a really old building that has been renovated and is very cool now! We put on our robes and slippers, crawled into bed, ate candy and watched Monsters vs Aliens. The best part of the night was that throughout the movie Kendall would turn and look at me and say, "This is the BEST girls night EVER!" and "How many girls to you think are jealous of us?" We decided that we should make our girls weekends happen once a year...we discussed where our next should be. Kendall thought Montana would be a good place. Montana?!?!!? Uhm...Kendall...no. I explained to her that our weekends would be near her house, my house, or grammies house...NOT Montana! Good grief!
The next morning we got up and had breakfast at the hotel (which according to Kendall was great because it was FREE!--notice the trend of free!!!). We walked over to the CSU Chico campus and I showed Kendall around. It was great to be back on that campus! I really do love Chico State! I, of course, had to go to the bookstore and stock up on Chico State goodies! I ended up with capri sweats (love them!!), a hoodie (love it!), a canvas bag (great for the pool/beach/work!) and a Klean Kanteen (it's okay...it squeaks when you drink!) and blanket for Kendall. She almost chose a stuffed animal, but then she saw the blanket and decided that a stuffed animal she would be tired of in a few years, and a blanked she could keep until she is a gramma! Wow...way to think long term little one! She became obsessed with that blanket. Mind you it was like 90 degrees, and Kendall is used to HMB which never is over 65 so she doesn't handle the heat very well, but girlfriend wrapped herself up in the blanket for the entire drive home to the bay!
Kendall with the Chico sign
Kendall giving a 'High 5' to the 'hands'
Kendall with her new blanket
Sharing her blanket
Overall we had a great time. I loved being back in Chico and seeing the changes and the familiarity. I really do love that town.
1 comment:
I MISS HULAS!!! This made me want to go back for a visit.
Post a Comment