Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Day 3--Cleanse Day

So...this time around I only did 1 pre-cleanse day...and am now on my 2nd day of cleansing. As of this morning I am down 8.4 lbs....from my original weight. For me it's easiest for me to continue off that weight. Not losing as much this time around...but I guess that's to be expected. Not really much more to report....I'm doing my cleanse days on work days this time so that's a bit different...but still working out fine. Haven't been too hungry...haven't had to supplement with an apple or celery or anything....I did have to have an extra 'snack' yesterday morning to take with some vitamins. (I hurt my back and the doctor wanted me to take fish oil, flax seed oil, glucosamine, etc....I bought all natural though!! But...on an empty stomach I was getting a little nauseous. I did wake up earlier than normal this morning and have had plenty of energy. Oh...I also added the 'want more energy' to my cleanse drink (which I think is is pretty gross...the cleanse drink that is)....and it made it a bit more tolerable.

Alrighty...got to experience the 'niacin flush' today!!! Yikes!!! Luckily a co-worker warned me about it and I didn't get to freaked out. I definitely got bright red, really itchy, hot, skin felt 'tight', and skin kinda burned....but...10-15 minutes....and it cleared up. I then went online to see what I could find out about it....here are few sites that eased my mind

http://www.doctoryourself.com/niacin.html
http://www.mens-total-fitness.com/niacin-flush.html

I was somewhat hesitant about drinking my next cleanse drink...but was told I wouldn't react as much...and in actuality I didn't react at all that time! So...if this happens....its okay!!

Just re-weighed (after showering) and am now down 9.2 lbs.

No comments: