Friday, February 5, 2010

I'm boring...

So It's official...I'm boring! I know I can update this with day to day happenings, but really...who cares to read that?!?! I'll try to make this interesting...but no promises!

I guess my last update was officially a while ago now, I'm really not good at these New Years resolutions. But...in all fairness I've had a really busy couple of weeks. I've sat down a few times to update, but literally end up deleting because I'm so tired that I'm not making sense.

Since my last update I hosted a baby shower for my friend Judi (well...technically co-hosted...Lina and I make a great pair!!). The shower was super fun but made for an exhausting weekend. I didn't realize when I started the planning that the date that Judi picked was the same date as the Carlsbad Marathon, which runs on my cross street, so I was little concerned about roads being opened for the big day. I also ended up having a few friends running in the marathon and really wanted to go out and support them...but also had to plan, decorate, and be totally ready for the shower that same day! In the middle of all the shower planning I made a super cool (I think) sign for my friends running. (I know when I've done the 1/2's it really is motivating to see people you know out there-even for us walkers!)





So yeah, party decorating, game preparing, and sign making...makes for a very long night! No matter though...I was up at 6:15, bundled up in my beanie, scarf, hoodie, etc...ready to cheer and clap for Beth and Matt...and to have a Red Bull ready for Matt to drink. (uhm...Gross!) I was able to stick around to see Beth and Matt run past mile 6 and 12 and then I hightailed it home to start more party planning and decorating.





The shower was fabulous. We had a great group of girl and Lina and I finished decorating and setting up literally as the first people walked in the door. While everyone has the 'typical' shower game I do think that we had a fun and unique game of memory. The game is of course what you would expect but with 'labor and delivery' pictures to match...which a specific candy bar for the matches. See the picture! I think that the shower was a hit and can't wait for Baby Barrett to arrive! (Which is a month away!!)



I'm not sure why this picture insists on uploading sideways, it's not sideways anywhere else?!!? And it blogger wont' let me rotate it...suggestions??




After the shower I got to hang out with Trevor, who just moved back to the states. I hadn't seen him in about a year and a half and even then it was only for a week while I was in Spain visiting. It was so good to see him and catch up. I know before I said I was excited and terrified, but the terrified part is gone! We talked a lot that night...about when he left and how I was a disaster. There were lots of tears (partially wine induced!!)but it was great to get it all out and have that conversation. We've continued the conversation a few times now and I have to say I feel really good about our current relationship...friends! I've realized what he probably knew all along...we aren't meant to be together...we are too different in so many ways. I consider him one of my best friends and hope that I always will...but really and truly I know that's all it can be. Our life goals and expectations are just so different. I'm super glad he's back and that I get to spend some more time with him before he moves on to other places...which I know he will...as will I. But...we'll always have our fun times and a great bond. I love him with my whole heart...but I now know that I'm not in love with him. Whew...it was good to realize that!

Besides all of that I've just been really busy at work and trying to make the most out of the time that I'm not working. I was able to go to Tuesday Night Trivia this week (it had been a long time) which was fun (a bit of auditory overload due to where we were sitting...but oh well) although I probably should have stayed home to do more work so I wasn't so freaked out on Wednesday trying to get things done! (I'm a procrastinator...but not as much as I have been this week!!) Finally yesterday things slowed down a little and I was able to recruit my friend Tom to go to Happy Hour with me...after getting my nails done of course! I was able to sit over chips, salsa, margaritas, and even a shot of patron while catching up on life. We even managed a walk on the beach after. Man I love being down by the water!

Here's to a good weekend...hanging with Trevor tonight hopefully and brunch or lunch with Allison tomorrow...followed by a training session for my upcoming 1/2 on Sunday with Brook...and maybe a Home Depot trip during Superbowl...the absolute best time to hit that store!

4 comments:

Kaysie said...

I don't think you're boring! It sounds to me like you've been super busy in fact. And I didn't know Jodi (sp?) was pregnant! That's so great!

Alicia said...

Thanks Kaysie! It has been a busy few weeks!

Patty said...

I love your baby shower game!!! May have to copy it some day!!! Glad to see all is well with you and BTW... you are NOT boring!!

Alicia said...

Thanks Patty! You can steal the game anytime...it's hilarious! Hope all is well with you!