Sunday, January 17, 2010

Can't teach an old dog new tricks...says who?!?!


I promise I'll be short and brief this time! Whoever coined the phrase, "You can't teach an old dog new tricks" needs to meet Katy! Katy has ALWAYS hated her crate! She's slept in my bed for 6 years, with the exception of being crated when I go to my parents house...and those times she has a tizzy! She cries and whines and whimpers and basically acts as if she is dying! Now, over the last 6 months or so she's been a little more interested in her crate and will occasionally hang out in there (I think mainly to get away from Hurley!). Mind you she'll hang out in there until it's bedtime that is! As soon as she sees me brushing my teeth etc she runs and hides-normally in my closet, on the other side of the bed, and occasionally in Hurley's crate (yeah...genius!) All of a sudden the last few nights, when she sees me getting ready for bed she runs and gets in her crate?!?! WHAT?!?! And last night I guess she felt it was bed time before I did, so she got off my bed...and into her crate. She didn't even stir when I shut the crate door. Uhm...okay! I guess she's been faking it all these years and has officially decided that her crate (which is VERY cushy with 2 beds crate beds on the ground and a down blanket to cuddle in) isn't so bad after all!

I call this, "teaching an old dog new tricks!"

4 comments:

Caleb's Co. said...

Apparently you can teach a new blogger how to get a super cute background, too!

Kaysie said...

She's all grown up now! ;)

Alicia said...

Amy~well I saw that you and Kaysie both had that 'cutest blog on the block' thing in the corner...and I wanted to be cute too!

Kaysie~I'm updating with a picture!

Caleb's Co. said...

I think it's been a little over a week, now. Time for a new post :) Don't tell me you're giving up on your New Year's Resolution already.