I loved having Friday off, I'm so used to having a Monday off for a holiday but it's just totally different when it's a Friday. Judi is officially on maternity leave so she came up for some hang out time before the baby comes. We had a yummy French Toast breakfast down at Tip Top...but had to hurry back to meet the AT&T guy so I could switch to U-verse (which ps...my phone is still all static!!) The poor AT&T guy probably thought we were wacko...but Judi needed belly pics so I did the best I could to be creative and get some good shots. Thankfully Trevor agreed to get some later this week as well, his will be amazing!! After the AT&T guy finally left (it took him about 2-3 hours!) Judi and I went on a mission to find me a new bedding set. If you know me you know that when I decide I want something...I don't have much patience to wait for it...so I decided I wanted a new comforter/duvet and needed to have one right then! Of course I couldn't find what I wanted (I already had the exact thing in mind) and we ended up calling it a day without anything new bought! Oh well. Thankfully I was able to buy the one wanted on Overstock and am now just waiting for delivery...I'll post a pic when I get it! By the end of the shopping scavenger hunt it was just about time for my hair appointment...have I mentioned that LOVE getting my hair done?!?! Julia (my hairdresser) is amazing, the salon has a great punk feel to it, and she serves me wine while I'm there! I really like how it turned out...an am loving that my hair is finally getting longer! Julia did an amazing color job and I'm loving my bangs too. A little later Friday night a friend got into town to visit and we hit up Norte's...my favorite! After a few margi's, and a shot of patron we went down by the beach for a little bit and then followed it all up with a nice glass of wine back at my place. For not working I felt like I had a pretty busy day! :-)
Saturday~Not too much went on Saturday. My friend and I went to Swami's for breakfast/lunch and it was finally nice enough to put the top down. Love it! My friend had a few errands to run (which he did while I stayed home)and needed to catch up on sleep (napped until almost 6pm) so really didn't do anything else until dinner. Kinda a bummer seeing as it was an amazing day and it would have been great to be outside. Ended the night with pizza and watching a movie at home. Overall kind of a boring day...I did do some weeding and officially filed my taxes. So entertaining I know! Although during the 'nap' time I was able to make plans for the next day with some other friends. Which I had somewhat forgotten was Valentines Day (not a huge fan of V-day).
Sunday~My friend took off in the morning and I relaxed and did some clean up until dog school. Surprisingly Katy and Hurley are doing a good job at school and I think Hurley in general will be pretty easy to train. He really seems to want to be good...he just forgets sometimes. After dog school I went and hung out with Katie, a sorority sister that was in town, for a couple of hours. It'd been a few weeks since we'd hung out so it was a good catch up session. I then had to get home for my evening plans with my friend Tom. Okay...so I'm really not a Valentines Day fan...single or not. But, when you aren't expecting anything the little things really mean a lot. Tom showed up with not only flowers for me, but with homemade candies too! I was totally surprised and very appreciative! I was expecting us to have an anti-valentine night. It ended up being really nice...we made and ate dinner...super yummy! Watched The Proposal (one of my favorites) and had plenty of wine! It ended up being a really nice Valentines night. I really appreciated the thought and consideration that Tom put into the evening. Consideration is key!
Monday~Started of the day with a 4 mile training with Brook. It was so hot out! I know it's going to just get warmer but I really wasn't expecting it today! I actually ended up with a little sunburn! Time to bring on the color!!! Trevor and I ended the evening with going down to Ponto Beach. He went for a run while I read on the beach...and got to see a whale go by while I sat there! Amazing! We stayed right to the end of the sunset, which was also amazing! Such a pretty night!
3 comments:
That sounds like a great weekend! You should post a picture of your new 'do. I love how you said that Hurley really wants to please, but that he just forgets sometimes. LOL!!!
I'm glad I inspired you to wrap up your weekend ;)
Oh, and I am the same way when I want to purchase something. I have to get it right then! I want to get a new bedding set too and some more decorating stuff and I hate that I get off work so late because I have to wait until the weekend to hit up the stores.
Amazing picture of the sunset!
Post a Comment