Monday, May 9, 2011

Day 128 & 129

May 8th-Day 128

Happy Mothers Day
I wasn't able to spend the day with my family so I spent the day with my friend Katie.  We shopped and had lunch...we attempted to see a movie but obviously the movie gods just don't want me to see a movie (see previous post about the theater being torn down) because this time the theater has been closed...permanently.  I continued to do my P90X workout and started to make Giants beanies for my nieces.  Seeing that they are in SF still and will be for a few more weeks I decided it was time they show a little love.  

 The beanie...but I think it's too small...I'm making more bigger...


How I track my P90X workouts.  I get to move the 'post-it' after my workout...it's rewarding somehow. 

May 9th-Day 129

I work with very generous people.  My co-workers ask me almost daily about my nieces.  They want to see pictures and love to celebrate their gains.  One of my co-workers, Pat Slattery, actually bought Michelle and Brandon presents.  She told me about about these about a week or two ago and this morning came in with two of them.  One for Brandon and one for Michelle.  She bought them each a 'Knork'...what's a 'Knork' you ask?  A 'Knork' is a utensil that is a fork and knife combined (think 'spork') so that they can each hold a baby and still cut and eat their own food.  Hilarious and functional at the same time.  And really...it doesn't really matter what the 'gift' was...but the fact that a co-worker that has NEVER met Michelle or Brandon...thought to buy them a present is truly amazing.  



The last few days I've had a 'hankering' to make bread.  I think it's because my Rosemary was looking pretty nice outside.  So...alas...after work today...bread I made!  Rosemary Bread.  YUM!

No comments: