4-29
Haircuts, Headbands, and Iron-Ons?!?!
I got my hair cut today! Yahoo! I love getting my hair done! Partially because it's just so nice to be all fresh and new...but mainly because I love my hairdresser! Julia always does a fabulous job and I can 100% trust her to do whatever. While there I made a purchase...of one of those headbands with the 'flowers' on them. Totally NOT my style...but maybe it was the fresh 'do' or the chemicals seeped into my brain...but...I did it...and I think it's kinda cute! You can also kind of see my haircut....
After my hair appt I went to my friend, Judi's, house. She was having a Royal Wedding party...which to be totally honest, I just really didn't care about. But it was fabulous to get together with all the friends. We wore tiaras and nibbled on munchies...but...the main reason I went was so Judi and I could make some shirts after the party. We are walking in the March of Dimes-March for Babies walk tomorrow. The March of Dimes funds research for prenatal care, preemies, and child illnesses. Judi was already planning on walking and I decided that I should join the cause. Judi asked if she could walk in honor of my 2 new nieces...which was amazing! So...I too am walking for my nieces and my nephew. As you may have read earlier...my nieces were just born-2 weeks ago-10 weeks early. They have been lucky and not only survived but have been making huge strides daily. My nephew, who is about to be in middle school, born to my other sister, was 9 weeks premature. He had a lot of complications soon after his arrival but thanks to the medical research that was done he is now extremely smart (and I'm not just saying that...I actually tested him for fun one time!) and plays for the All-Stars baseball team. My other niece, going into 4th grade, was almost born 9 weeks early but was convinced, by medication, to wait a few extra weeks and was born 5 weeks early. She got to come right home from the hospital and hasn't had any issues either...again I tested her for fun. Ridiculously smart! I feel honored to be walking in support of a great cause. Judi and I wanted people to know who we were walking for so we made these shirts for us.
I also have a JM and KM on the front of my shoulders for Jared and Kendall.
We made this cute onesie for Judi's son Eli...he just turned 1.
There are March of Dimes, March for Babies walks everywhere. I highly recommend finding one near you to support. You can find out where the closest location to you is here.
If you'd like to support me with my efforts you can donate here
And with that...I just have to say...I'm back on track! This post only has one day!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment