Friday, April 22, 2011

3/31-4/20 Recapping the last month the best I can--hope you're comfy...it's gonna take a while!

So I may have 'fell off the wagon' a bit, but all for good reason.  On March 31st I worked a half day and then drove up to Salinas.  I decided to head out a day early...that way I got to spend all day Friday with my sister.  

3-31-2011
I'm typically not a 'mountain' person but on this day I was loving the mountains on my drive.  Maybe I was just in a good mood.  


4-1-2011
Michelle and I spent the day together.  We started with running a few errands and then I sat in the car while she trained a client...after that we were off to Carmel to eat and shop.  It was a great day!
Here I am waiting the car while Michelle trains.  I was expecting cold weather...and ended up dying of heat!  

4-2-2011
I went a baby shower for my lil sis this day and then drove to Half Moon Bay to help out my older sister.  She had to head to Tahoe to get the chimney fixed on their cabin...this was while there was about 15 feet of snow...ugh!  I lucked out and got to watch her kiddos (her hubby was in Africa) while she was gone. 
Here's Michelle with the lovely hosts of the shower...Danielle and Jen


4-3-2011
I spent the day hanging with my niece and nephew...we played outside, went out to lunch, had ice cream, and overall had a great day!
 The ice cream stop!  

4-4-2011
I hung out with my sister in the Bay for most of the day and then went home and had dinner with my lil sis and her hubby.  I couldn't resist this pic...and I'm sure she'll shoot me for posting it...but the other things I captured this day were videos...
Is she not the cutest preggo girl ever?!?!  And think...she has twins in there!

4-5-2011
My days may be a bit off here...but I decided I needed to tan while in Salinas.  I was co-hosting a baby shower, for Michelle, the upcoming weekend...and was planning on wearing a beige and khaki dress...I just simply refuses to blend with the dress!  So...off to tan I went!

4-6-2011
I got to visit this cute munchkin!!!
4-7-2011
My mom and I made decorations for the baby shower.  My mom was in charge of the baby cake and I was in the charge of the baby wreath.  I love it!  We actually hung it on the door for the shower...pretty cool decoration that it 100% useful!

4-8-2011
So this day began the craziness began.  My sister ended up in the hospital having contractions...mind you she was only 29 weeks pregnant...but we were having a baby shower for her the next day.  I spent the day running errands, visiting her at the hospital (once they said overnight), going to dinner with my aunt, uncle and cousin...and then off to set up for the shower...with hopes that Michelle would be released before the 2:00 start time...hhmmm...oh...and the pic is my lava cake dessert from Tarpy's :-)

4-9-11
So...turns out Michelle couldn't make it to the shower...but her hubby was a gem and came to open gifts.  We were hosting the 'family' shower so it wasn't too bad for him.  But definite brownie points.  I took a gadzillion pics...but on my sisters camera so I don't have those...but here is a pic of the Baby Cake that my mom made. 

4-10-11
Well...I was supposed to head home but things weren't going great at the hospital and I just wasn't comfortable leaving yet...so I called in a sub for Monday and spent Sunday with my mom and cousin getting the baby nursery ready.  At this point we realized that the babies were either coming or Michelle was going to be on bed rest...so...Michelle was uber organized up until the current showers...which had everything just piled into the poor nursery...so we washed and organized...
 
 4-11-2011
I finally made it back to Carlsbad and received fabulous news on my drive.  Michelle was released.  I got home and my dogs were happy to be home...but they are so funny.  Katy and Hurley obviously each have their own crates...and both enjoy their crates.  They only sleep in them but they put themselves in them when they get tired.  Well...Katy has decided that she prefers to begin her nightly routine by getting in Hurley's crate.  She eventually gets out and goes to her own...and usually Hurley doesn't care because he thinks she should just stay on my bed then.  But after the drive he really wanted his bed too...so since Katy was being a brat and refusing to move for him he crawled in too.  And was quite annoyed about it...
4-12-11
 Totally random...but I love Morning Star Farms vegetarian food.  I've loved their corn dogs forever and then I couldn't find them anymore.  I assumed they discontinued them because other items I loved had disappeared of the grocery shelves as well.  Then...lo and behold...I found them again!  YUM!!!  

4-13-11
 He's not spoiled at all!  Poor deprived dog....


4-14-11
Okay...so once again craziness began.  My sister ended up back in labor and was airlifted from Monterey to UCSF.  She had a great attitude and was busy posing for and snapping pics in the helicopter!  Gotta love her!  While she was doing that...I had nervous energy...it sucks being far away when stuff like this is happening.  So...what does one do...she purges closets!  I guess I had a thing for blue and white shoes...I still kept a couple pair...but these are ones I decided to get rid of! 
4-15-11
Pictures here are going to get a bit sparce.  I have pics...but can't upload them.  So I'll do what I can but it's not the cool stuff!  :-)  So...I got the call at 6:30 in the morning that the babies were coming!  I promptly called a sub and booked a flight to SF for later that day.  At this point my sis was 30 week and 1 day pregnant...a mere 10 weeks early!  UGH!  So I packed and made arraignments...and then I got this photo..I did not take it...but it put me over the edge.  
I got text messages that the babies were here...all was good...and here's the proud daddy.  Seeing Brandon smiling and looking calm made me burst into tears. I literally had to sit on the ground because I was shaking and crying.  To see that he was smiling and calm meant all was good.  

4-16-2011
I was staying at the Carl Hotel in SF with my mom.  This was our dinner...wine, cheese, salami, pepperoni, chips, salsa and guac.  So healthy and rounded right?!?!


4-17-11
 My mom and went to Crepes on Cole for dinner...and this was our dinner...so good!  
This was our 'value meal' breakfast while visiting the hospital!  The cafeteria at UCSF medical center is awesome!  They actually have great food and great prices!

4-18-2011
My mom walking to the hospital with her luggage on our last day.  She went back to Salinas and I flew home.  It was an emotional day...leaving those little peanuts knowing I won't see them again until the are big enough to go home...ugh!  But...I know they are in GREAT hands and are healthy!  


One of the girl's diapers next to Michelle's iPhone...and mind you that diaper was a little big...

4-19-11
I didn't take this pic...but recieved it...sorry...it can't be a baby pic until I get approval..and that's really all I've cared about lately so haven't been taking many of my own because I just sit and look at the baby pics all day! So here's Maggie carrying water bottles for Kim and family while hiking in Tahoe.

4-20-11
 
Hurley being comfy and oh so modest in his crate!  It must be a boy thing!

Okay...I'll update the last couple of days next time...I haven't uploaded those pics yet...and I'm trying to update my iPhone which keeps freezing during it because of the blog update...
Sorry I took so much of your time!  I promise to be better and back on track now!

1 comment:

Kaysie said...

Great pictures! What a whirlwind couple weeks. When I saw the pic of B just now I started crying too! Lol. It's amazing the emotions babies can bring out. ;) I can't wait to get the go ahead to share pictures of the precious peanuts. :) BTW, if you get any new ones in will you text them to me? I miss them already!!!