Friday, October 7, 2011

Grown ups and Tv

Day 17 
What do you want to be when you get older?

First of all...wow...I totally had a memory lapse yesterday and forgot to post.  I was mid-way through today, and while at work suddenly thought, "hmmm...I don't remember posting last night.  I must have though, it's just become habit." and then I checked...and OOPS!!!  I forgot!

So here I am now and will do both!  

I kind of already consider myself 'older'.  I'm doing what I wanted to do for the most part.  At one point, when I was a little girl, I really really really wanted to be a 'gas station girl' when I grew up.  Yup. I wanted to pump gas!  I had high expectations of myself obviously!  That....and I really liked the smell of gas!  

Then I wanted to be a vet.  I love animals.  I thought it sounded great to be around puppies and kittens and hey, even dogs and cats all day.  I imagined them all happy and fun.  My spiral downward from this dreamy goal had multiple steps.  It wasn't just one thing that made me thing otherwise.  First of all, I started volunteering at the animal shelter.  Thinking I was getting a start on my volunteer hours that were required for UC Davis vet school.  I decided to volunteer in the spay/neuter clinic.  I lasted 1 day.  I went in that day...watched a dog get spayed...and literally almost passed out.  They had me sit on the floor with my head between my knees.  Needless to say I then moved up to volunteer by giving puppies baths!  I could handle that.  After that realization I realized that I wasn't the greatest at math and science.  I actually really like both subject but at the time I really started to doubt my ability in these subjects.  (Could have had something to do with my Trig and Chemistry classes I was taking at MPC at the time).  And lastly, it was pointed out to me that most animals go to the vet when they are sick or hurt!  UHM...WHAT??!!?  The thought of people bringing me their animals that were sick, hit by cars, dying, etc...yeah....next!  
Then...I decided to go into special education.  Which is exactly what I do now.  I love it most of time although believe me there are definitely days that I'm ready to just give up!  My job can be frustrating and hard...but the payback of seeing these kids that are struggling make progress is worth it.  

So now that I'm 'grown up', what do I want to be when I grow up?  I want to be a good person.  I would like to have a family of my own.  I want to be a good aunt, sister, daughter, friend.  I want to be ME.  






Day 18
Name the TV show you've become addicted to.
Just one?  Uhm...I'm a tv junky.  I love my shows...and some are pure trash tv!  
Here are few of my faves that I can think of!
Ringer
Revenge
Biggest Loser
Greys Anatomy
Teen Mom

There are TONS more but it's getting late and I'm tired and I really just can't think.  But seriously...I love my trash tv!  :-)

No comments: