
I was actually doing well with training for this a few months ago, and then life got in the way and I simply didn't make it a priority. All of a sudden I was 8 days out and hadn't even put my shoes on in weeks! YIKES!!!

Luckily I have friend from work that heard that I was planning on walking over last weekend and she decided to walk with me. That fact alone has helped immensely! Now, in the last 7 days I've walked 27 miles. Part of what keeps me motivated is mapping my progress on gmap pedometer. I like to see how far north from the border of Mexico I've gone...total. My goal is to walk the length of California, following I-5. I've currently walked from the border to La Jolla! By the end of this weekend I'll have made it all the way to Encinitas. I'm totally in the groove now and hopefully I don't get 'over it' on race day. I have another race in 4 weeks!
Another goal I'm trying for, but not 100% in yet, is to try for the Triple Crown next year! The Triple Crown is completing 3 half marathons within the year...but...they are the Carlsbad Half (in January with a 4.5 hour time limit-NO problem!!!), the La Jolla Half (in April with a 3 hour time limit...starting to be a problem), and the America's Finest Half (in August, also with a 3 hour time limit). Now...you runners may be scoffing at the 3 hour hesitation...but...I'm a walker! I've had a few surgeries on my knee (lateral release and tibial tubercle osteotomy...I think those are the things I've had done?!?!) and running distance is simply out of the question...but I do try to run small portions here and there. My best time on a 1/2 is 2:56...that only gives me 4 minutes! My other times from my last 2 half marathons were over 3 hours...but again I didn't train for those. I'm hoping with constant training I can do it.
Well...off to bed. I'm heading to Newport tomorrow to meet my sis so we can go to the Expo, relax...and check out tattoo places! Oh...did I forget to mention that part?!?! We are rewarding ourselves with tattoos after the race on Sunday! Totally makes it worth it! It will be Kim's 1st and my 3rd. I'll be getting a small celtic triskele on my inner wrist.
1 comment:
Can't wait to hear how the race goes, and see the new tattoo!
Post a Comment