Since my last post I went up to Newport for an Alpha Phi girls day. Unfortunately it was a small group of us this time because everyone is pregnant or has new babies. I loved getting to catch up with Katie and Shawna over chips and salsa. After lunch we saw the movie, The Bounty Hunter. Pretty mellow but oh so nice and needed.
The weekend after that was kicking off my spring break. My good friend, Theresa, was getting married, in Vegas!! So...off I went, with Trevor, to celebrate. I'm not really a fan of Vegas, but the wedding was a blast! It was great to see everyone and we all had a great time getting our groove on! Trevor and I decided to drive up to Vegas Saturday morning, the wedding was at 6:30, so we had plenty of time. We got into Vegas around 1 and then ran all over town trying to find the Madrid and Barcelona soccer game. We finally found it at the LaGosse Stadium, at the Venetian I think?!?! Turned out that the Masters were also on so we go to catch both at the same time. Somehow we managed to sit in the nice area, without paying for it...the power of talking to people! While I wasn't too into watching the games I did enjoy the beer and did not enjoy the shots that some random dude decided to buy us! YUCK!! We made it back to the hotel in time to get ready for the wedding and off we went. On Sunday we were pretty mellow and just went to the Luxor to see The Bodies exhibit. I had seen it already but so worth seeing again! Sunday night we were total nerds, but way better than doing other Vegas stuff...we stayed in our room and watched the Discovery channel...LIFE was on! So cool!
We drove home from Vegas on Monday and my spring break officially started. Oh...if only I felt like I had a break! After the 4-5 hour drive home I actually started repainting the red wall in my spare room. It had horrible roller marks all over it...so I decided to start from scratch and primer it again. Tuesday I had a friend arrive into town...he wasn't supposed to get here until early afternoon but ended up here around 11. So I didn't get as much done that day...but it was great to hang out with him...and we drank a LOT of wine! Yikes!
After he left on Wednesday morning...I was in a mad rush to finish painting the wall, and clean from top to bottom my whole place. Michelle and Brandon were coming into town on Saturday and Michelle hadn't seen ANY of my remodeling! I couldn't let the first time she saw things be dirty, or messy! M & B were also bringing my bed for the spare room down so I wanted to have that room perfect as well...which meant shopping! I needed a new light and something for the wall! I had some bedding from my previous spare room back in Salinas...but of course I got some new sheets etc.
My new spare room...I know, the bed needs to be moved over just a smidge! Thankfully I got everything perfect just in time for M & B to arrive! (And I've been able to keep things perfect!!)
I had so much fun having Michelle and Brandon here! It's so far to visit so typically I'm the one going up there. I was super excited to take them to some of my favorite places!! I, of course, had some Karl Strauss Amber Lager ready for them! We hit my favorite happy hour spot, Norte's, for some margaritas and chips and salsa! Yum! And then...I got to introduce them to Harney's! OMG! Harney's (Miso Harney) is an amazing sushi restaurant! There is one in Old Town San Diego and about 2 years ago one opened in Oceanside. I usually don't go Oceanside for anything, and 'boycotted' the new restaurant for a while...but I finally gave in b/c it's just so good...and O-side is way closer than Old Town! Luckily they loved it! Brandon even 'stepped out of his comfort zone' and ordered something unique and loved it! If any of you ever visit we'll go there! After dinner we weren't quite ready to go home so we hit O'Sullivan's in downtown Carlsbad. The Clay Colton band was playing and they are quite good. We had some good people watching and even danced one song. After that our feet hurt so we called it a night!
Michelle and Brandon at Harney'sSaturday morning I got to take them to Swami's Cafe for breakfast...again a MUST if in San Diego North County! I love Swami's! They have a very unique menu with lots of choices for vegetarians...like 'mock bacon' etc! All seating is outside so as long as it's a nice day you're set! They again loved it! M & B had a wedding in Coronado later that day so we hit the outlets and Costco (they needed some Amber Lager to go home with them!!) before the took off. I have to say...we had a great time but as soon as they left for the wedding...I ended up taking a 2.5 hour nap! I just hadn't really stopped go-go-going for a LONG time! (I've had stuff going on for the last 8 weekends!!)...not only did I nap for that long...I had NO problem going to sleep that night?!?! Yeah...I was tired!
Unfortunately they took off super early (5:45) Monday morning and my spring break was over!
The first week back has been good...we are in our 'crunch' time for state testing, lots of special ed testing, and transition IEP's. Super busy time of the school year...and I just realized my caseload is up to like 25...which for special ed is a LOT!!
I was supposed to have a pub crawl this weekend and thankfully it got canceled!! Next weekend is the OC 1/2 Marathon and I have barely trained at all! I got in about 5 miles today and am doing it again tomorrow. Luckily I have a friend that lives down the street that wants to walk too..so we are encouraging eachother. I plan on getting miles in daily until the 1/2...not quite the way to train my I need my muscles and feet to know what the hell is going on come Sunday! Yikes! (I have another one 4 weeks after that too!!)
Today I also hit the Carlsbad Farmers Market (which is ridiculously small...it shouldn't even count as a Farmers Market). I bought some super cute fresh flowers and super yummy strawberries! Love it!
My pretty new flowers!
2 comments:
About time you put something on here. You really need to start sticking to your weekly goal.
I'm so surprised Brandon went outside his comfort zone! As soon as I read that you took them to that restaurant I was thinking "Hmmm...I wonder what Brandon will like there?" LOL!
Post a Comment