It's good to be loved, even if the cutie pa-tootie can't remember my name!
Short but adorable!
Friday night my friend Amy, and her husband Jeff, had Trevor and I over for dinner. It was their very unnecessary but super nice way to thank Trevor for his help with pictures from Caleb's Crew. I was not only pumped about a night of yummy dinner, wine and Wii with the Gold's, but I knew I would also get to hang out with my favorite 4.5 year old, Caleb!
Caleb did not disappoint! Here are a few 'Caleb-isms' from the night that made it that much more enjoyable!
**Upon entering the Gold house Trevor and I said hi to Amy and Caleb yells from the other room, "Hey guys, I'm in here!"
**While Jeff and Trevor discussed spiral dynamics (whatever that may be?!?!) and Amy cut strawberries, I sat down to hang with Caleb. Caleb is a very 'touchy' little guy and typically goes right for my hair...not this time. His hand went straight to my cleavage, which I nonchalantly moved away. His response was, "you have boobs"...what could I say besides, "yes I do". Here is how the conversation went:
C: "you have boobs?"
A: "yes I do."
C: "You have boobs. You're a girl?"
A: "yes, I'm a girl"
C: "you're a girl and you have boobs. Boys don't have boobs. What do boys have?"
A: "Uhm"
C: "I don't have boobs. What do I have?" (mind you this is all said by him with a mischievous grin!)
A: "Hey, look...there's the Cat in the Hat book, let's read that!"
oh my...
**During the story Caleb managed to find the tag inside my dress, and get is feet and legs all tangled up in my dress...man...girls are going to have watch out when he gets older!! :-)
**After a bit of reading and some Mario playing Caleb dives into my lap and says, "I love you." I respond with an "Aaawww, Thank you", and his response was..."What's your name again?" I couldn't help cracking up...but I guess it's better to be loved and unknown than never loved at all right??
**After dinner we all sat down to play some Wii together. Caleb and Trevor faced off in a match of sword fighting. (Caleb is actually pretty darn good at this game...and Trevor had never played before!) I think it was during round 3, Caleb says, "You're...........(good 3 second pause).....good??" It started off as a statement and then turned to a total surprised question at the end...we were all cracking up...Caleb did end up winning that round!
Overall it was a very enjoyable evening! After Caleb went to bed Amy, Jeff and Trevor all whooped my butt in Wii Mario Kart...man I suck at Mario Kart!!! Then we had to head out b/c I had the Race for Autism the next morning and had to meet the group at Starbucks at 6:45 am...WHAT?!?! On a Saturday?!!?! UGH!!!
1 comment:
That's my boy! :o)
I guess it's a good thing that girls will be able to fight him off pretty easily. Although, he's pretty irresistable, so he'll probably get away with a lot.
Post a Comment