Monday, March 15, 2010

White vs Tan

Okay...so I know in this age of the big 'C' everyone is anti sun...but really...I can't stand being white! I don't know what it is...but I love being tan! Maybe it's because I have such extremes of white and tan. I'm a mix of Italian, English, mutt, and Cherokee Indian...I'm primarily Italian but still only 25%. When I'm white...I'm English white! Seriously...the palest whitey white ever! But...when I'm in the sun, during summer, I get dark! And not like a little dark...but I can get really dark! I love it and the fact that I have summers off to really just hang in the sun. During summer I tan to a color which is much more like an Italian and or even the Cherokee. My last boyfriend, that I started dating around April after my sisters wedding-so had been tanning some, actually questioned me as fall approached, "What color are you in winter?", he was shocked to see just how white I got! So, maybe it's the dramatic change of colors I have that makes me dream of the color I am during summer...and draws me to tanning as spring approaches. Either way...I love tanning. Just had to say it! (I do, with my ripe old age, now wear daily sunscreen on my face--gotta do whatever I can to keep the wrinkles away) I'm currently hitting the tanning booth in preparation of going to Vegas to sit at the pool in a few weeks. I will continue with working on my base until my 'buy 2 months get 1 free' package ends...in June! Perfect timing for summer! So...I may smell like a tanning booth, but damn, I really like having at least some color!!!

2 comments:

Kaysie said...

I'm the same way! I just went snowboarding and my face got super tan, but the rest of my body is pasty white, and it's made me want to get tan soon, but I'm trying to stay away from tanning beds. So I'm looking into spray tans. Still haven't taken the plunge yet, though.

Caleb's Co. said...

I think if tanning made a difference for me I might do it. But I gave up on it long ago cuz I just burn... then go right back to white. And no one is as pastey as me.