Sunday, October 10, 2010

Rants, Raves, Frustrations and Faves

So this post may be all over the place...again because I've lagged forever I'm sure there is stuff to catch up on...but as of right now I kinda want to vent (about absolutely nothing major) and give some shout outs!  I'll try to do this in the 'sorority' fashion of 'pro-con-pro' so I start and end on a positive note!  :-)

Rave-Fave
What is it about Usher's song 'YEAH' that literally makes me blast the radio and sing along.  It immediately makes me want to go 'clubbing'...and I hate clubbing!!  I absolutely love this song!!  When I had my old car, the Miata, I literally refused to take the top off to drive (when I first got it) until I had this song.  It forever became my 'top down' song.  There's nothing like hearing it randomly on the radio too, you know, versus purposely playing it on the iPod.  It always puts such a huge silly grin on my face and I, of course, become the total car dancing fool! 

Rant-Frustration
I am a safe driver.  I've never gotten a ticket (knock on wood everyone now please!).  I've never been in a car accident/at fault (I've been rear ended while I was stopped).  I generally follow the speed limits-or within 10 mph or so.  I wear my seatbelt.  You get the idea.  People that drive ridiculously drive me batty!  Today I drove to downtown SD and back.  This whole drive in on the 5...with a 70mph speed limit.  Multiple times today I was cruising along at about 70-75 and would suddenly be behind someone going 55-60mph!  There wasn't any traffic.  There weren't semi's.  They were just driving super slowly!  Like seriously...it was dangerous!  I enjoy knowing there are safe drivers...but not moving is dangerous!

Rave-Fave
Each year I seem to become more and more into baseball...the SF Giants to be exact.  When I lived in Salinas I would watch here and there, mainly b/c someone I was dating may want to.  I've always understood baseball, where I don't understand other sports at all!  But since moving to SD, and being so close to the Padres stadium, I've become increasingly 'into' it.  It is so easy to go to games here.  I can hop on the coaster (similar to bart) and not worry about traffic or parking etc.  I mainly only go to games when the Giants are here. Occasionally I'll end up at a Padres vs ? game...but normally that's only because someone else wants to go.  This year has been different.  I refuse to root for the Padres at all.  The Giants and the Padres were in a 'head to head' for almost half the season.  Taking turns being in 1st place.  My friend, Brook, and I made signs, we yelled, we hollered, and by golly we helped them win!  :-)  The Giants are now in the playoffs!!!  I've always liked baseball, but have never been one to watch it on tv (unless someone was in which case I would typically be reading a book), and definitely not one to go to a sports bar to watch.  But...lo and behold...guess who's been at home alone watching baseball on tv?  Guess who's been hitting up the sports bars and watching games?  Yup sirree....that's me.  Just call me a regular ole Giants fan!  I even just ordered another sweatshirt, a tee-shirt, and a teeshirt/jersey with a players name on it!  It's official y'all....I'm hooked!  Next step will be for me to actually go to the Giants stadium! 

Rant-Frustration
School shootings suck.  Really really suck.  What kind of sick individual walks onto an elementary school campus, during lunch recess when 6 and 7 year old are playing, and open fires?!?!  I guess, exactly that, a sick sick sick person.  This is what happened at an elementary school in my school district on Friday.  At 12:30, during lunch recess, a man walked onto Kelly Elementary School's campus.  He had a .357-caliber Magnum handgun and a container of gasoline.  His pockets contained additional rounds of ammunition.  He left a propane tank leaning against his parked car.  This man walked onto the playground and open fired until he ran out of his initial bullets.  While attempting to reload, some very brave men intervened.  Luckily the school had some construction workers that took no regard to their own lives and though only about the children.  These men ran after the shooter, tackled him, got the gun away from him, and kept him down until the police arrived.  Neighbors also ran into the scene.  The school was amazing...and was in total lockdown in 3 minutes.  Thankfully nobody was killed in this incident.  But...two young girls, age 6 and 7, were struck with bullets.  According to reports they both suffered in and out bullet wounds in their right arms.  Think about it for a minute...think about how big a 6-7 year old girls arm is.  Then think of a .357 bullet ripping all the way through it.  These young girls may not have been killed, and may not have life threatening wounds, but think of what those bullets did to them.  The students in general are going to me emotionally scarred from this.  What a sick man.  I'm disgusted.  But...I'm so thankful for the brave individuals that stopped this mad man before he did more damage.  He appeared to be there to destroy--gun, ammo, gas...oh...and did I mention he had matches on him too.  Disgusting. 


Rave-Fave
I'm loving knitting again.  To me knitting is a 'seasonal' hobby.  I love knitting in fall and winter when the air is crisp and cool, when the rain clouds looming over head, when it's just all around chilly,  but last fall/winter I just never got into it.  No new hats, gloves, scarves, or blankets.  I'm not even sure I ever pulled out my knitting stuff.  For some reason today, even though it was beautiful out, I got the urge.  I decided that I would knit while watching the baseball game.  I love tv, but have a hard time just watching tv, I'm always doing something else too--like reading...or knitting.  So, I thought that while watching the Giants play I would knit....it not only would keep me doing something else, I could still concentrate on the game, and...would keep me nice and calm during any game upsets.  :-)  I usually like knitting small things, again because I get bored.  i hate making blankets...but...I'm doing a blanket.  :-)  I bought this yarn and started this blanket (which has been torn out multiple times) back when I still lived in Salinas.  So I guess I finally decided to start it over (again) and hopefully finish it!  I'll keep you posted!!

Rave-Fave :-)
I think this is getting too long...so I'm stopping :-)  But thanks for listening to my Rants, Raves, Frustrations and Faves.   I'll be back with more.  This may actually be my new 'blogging' trend :-)  Who really cares what I did recently anyway?!?!  I'm pretty boring.  I am starting a new blog too though...actually probably 2 new ones.  One is my 'bucket list' that I've been challenged to write.  I plan on blogging my list and may change and add to it as I go.  I'll keep it updated as I work on the items.  The other blog has to do with the first....

Sneak Peak...one of my items on my bucket list is to complete a 365 days of photos.  I know I may not update the blog itself 365 days, but I will take a picture each day and update every couple of days at least!  That will be a blog itself.  And I think that task will be quite hard!

No comments: