Sunday, June 14, 2009

Hurley

Another blog worthy update is that I have a new puppy! Some of you may know that I've been contemplating getting a new dog for a few months. I was originally thinking a 'big'...and I mean BIG dog. I wanted a Mastiff!! Well...a co-worker was looking for a small dog to play with her current malti-poo...and asked if I wanted to come with her to the breeders house out in Temecula. Of course I went! I told myself over and over...NO BUYING.

But...I did. The breeder a lot of 'yorkie hybrids' and some purebred yorkies. I ended up with a Biewer Yorkie (pronounced Bee-vir), which is a yorkie that has been bred with the recessive genes...so he's black and white instead of the typical gray and tan. He's about 5 months old and already is twice Katy's size.

Katy wasn't too sure about him for the first week, but now they play all the time. It's GREAT for me...now when Katy wants to play fetch Hurley will normally join her and they just run around together. For now Hurley is still spending a lot of time in his crate...specifically anytime I'm not home, and at night time. Although he's pretty potty trained he's not perfect with it yet! I'm sure Katy enjoys the 'down' time while he is in his crate, especially during the night because it means she gets 'alone' time :-)


***Katy checking out Hurley***


***Hurley and Katy taking a break for wrestling to look at the camera***



***Katy and Hurley trying out the new 'double' leash***



Okay...was attempting to put up some videos but it either wasn't working or was taking FOREVER...so I canceled it. I've had trouble with it before...help anyone???

1 comment:

Caleb's Co. said...

Caleb loved walking Katie and Hurley the other day. We'll have to do it again really soon.

As for the video, it typically takes FOREVER!!! I usually start uploading it, then walk away to do something else. I've had it take around 20 minutes before, if it's a long video.