Monday, May 25, 2009

May 2009 Update...

Wow...I'm really bad at updating this thing...that sad part is that I LOVE to read other blogs but never feel like I have anything worthwhile to write. So...this time I'll update, but no guarantees that it will be interesting! Pretty sad that I need a disclaimer about my boring life!

Since my last update...I guess a few things have changed. First...I am again single. Yup...John and I called it quits, but it's all good. :-) We had a good long talk and mutually decided that we are in different points of our lives and if we continued to stay together we would end up regretful, angry, hurt, etc. Rather than wait for that, we ended things friendly and continue to be friends. I've personally done very well with the break up I think! I didn't let myself get 'down' and am looking forward to 'dating'.

Dating?? What the heck is that? I've NEVER dated! I always meet people and we 'fall into a relationship' fairly quickly. I think a lot of that is me...I know what I like and what I don't like. I get annoyed easily and if someone annoys me from the start then I know that it is useless to take it beyond 'friends'. I consider this a good trait! Yes...it means I am picky and possibly overly so, but it also means that I REFUSE to settle for anyone.

Now the scary part...how do I date?!? Where does a elementary school teacher meet guys? I don't want to meet anyone at a bar...I don't want to date any dad's of our kiddos. I go to the beach a lot...even solo...but I'm not the type of person to just start talking to anyone. What's a girl to do?? A girl then joins the infamous match.com!! YIKES!!! Holy crapoly!!! Did I really do that??? Yes...I did. I had considered it, but always vetoed the idea. But...after helping a friend join...and a bit of persuading on her part....there I was doing the same thing. So...it's been a week...and so far so good. It's been an interesting adventure but fun at the same time. Although it is VERY time consuming!! And is it bad that I feel 'rude' if I don't email back even though I'm not interested. I mean come on...they aren't going to see me walking down the street and think, 'hey...there's that girl that didn't return and email'. But somehow I feel bad about it. Oh well...I guess I just need to call upon my inner bitch! :-) Good note though...I had a great 1st date with one guy that led to a 2nd date the next night. Not a bad start. And he seems like a super nice guy...potential??? maybe???

On another good note...my roommate if FINALLY gone!!! I took a while and I was pretty PO'ed at him during his 'moveout weekend'. Note to any of you out there...if you say you are moving out on Saturday...then move out on Saturday....not Monday. It can really screw up other plans!!! GGRRR!!! But...he's out. I have repainted the room...well...still need to do the red wall, but that will be soon!! The other walls are all now khaki. I plan on making that room a kind of 'workout' spare room. Hopefully will put the Wii in there...my weights...yoga stuff...bands...etc. I'm still waiting on most of the furniture...Michelle and Brandon are supposed to bring it to me at some point. (hint hint Michelle....)

In general I've been having a lot of fun lately. Been meeting up with my Carlsbad friends almost weekly for either Trivia (Trivia with Tom on Tuesdays) or Leroy. Lina, Judi and I have been good with our monthly 'girls night' as well. Plus I've gotten 2 Disney days in...always exhausting...fun...but exhausting. (But...thanks to Tom I now have fun new things to take Jared and Kendall to when we go in July...) Add those in with a few dates and it makes for a very sleepy Alicia...but I can always make up the sleep during summer! :-) Ahhhh...summer....only 11 more days of work for me!!!

Summer....tis the season for weddings and showers! I swear my calendar is quickly filling up with both. I can't wait for most of them!!! The first is this weekend...in CHICO!!! It's been 3.5 years since I've been there!! And...not only am I going for Sara's wedding (which is ultra exciting in itself), but Judi and Frank are going and staying at my hotel...and one of the best parts....Darren is going with me!!!! YAHOO!!!! He and I always have so much fun...reminsing...re-inacting our fun times...eating....drinking!!!! I seriously could explode with excitement!!! I will for sure update after the wedding with pics!!! (only the non-incriminating ones of course!!!)

Okay...I'm over typing...and need to get the ice pack off of my knee (stupid stupid knee!!!). Plus a shower wouldn't hurt after my 'Wii workout'....which is actually quite a darn good workout!!!

2 comments:

Caleb's Co. said...

Maybe we can start hearing some of your dating "adventures". You could make a whole series about it...we don't have to know how much is true vs. embelished :)

Alicia said...

Update for you Amy...he's out of the country with friends on vacay...and called me...that's a good sign right??